Sunday, 18th September

 Bangkok Sunday

A late start is almost inevitable after a late night. I had nothing planned today except recovering from yesterday. Using my trusty vegan restaurant finder app Happy Cow, I headed to the Earthling Cafe for lunch in Ekkamai Bangkok. I absolutely loved it especially the moon milk. Vegan cafes have a clean ethic - nutrition and positivity rather than profit. It shows through in the friendly and caring attitude of everyone who works there. 

I liked Ekkamai - it seems like a real area of Bangkok rather than a touristy one. I enjoyed walking the streets and just going with the flow.

On my way to the Earthling cafe I had passed a compound called Healthland. On the way back I nipped in to find out more. Luckily for me, especially on a Sunday, they had two hours available. It was my first experience of massage in Thailand. Foot massages are a big thing here and are a regular part of life for nearly all Thai’s. They are done in open spaces lined up with other people. It’s amazingly peaceful and surprisingly quiet.

Sunday in Bangkok is a very people-y day, so after a bit of shopping and a rain storm, I headed back to the hotel for an early night.

Tofu scramble

Moon milk at The Earthling Cafe

Leaf peeping Bangkok style (fake trees)











All good at Health Land

Comments